Stuffed mushrooms are made of edible mushrooms stuffed with different types of filling ingredients like vegetables, meats and rice. The dish is usually made by baking or broiling and can be served hot or at room temperature. Here is a cheesy stuffed mushroom recipe, which is perfect as a snack or side dish.
- Whole fresh mushrooms – 12
- Vegetable oil – 1 tbsp.
- Garlic (minced) – 1 tbsp.
- Cream cheese (softened) – 1 package (8 ounce)
- Parmesan cheese (grated) – 1/4 cup
- Ground black pepper – 1/4 tsp.
- Onion powder – 1/4 tsp.
- Ground cayenne pepper – 1/4 tsp.
- Preheat the oven to 350° F.
- Line a baking tray with a baking sheet and spray with cooking spray.
- Clean mushrooms and break off stems carefully. Finely chop stems and discard tough ends of stems.
- In a medium-large skillet, add vegetable oil and heat over medium heat. Add chopped stems of mushrooms and garlic to the skillet. Stir fry until cooked well and the moisture has disappeared. Let the mixture cool.
- Place this mushroom mixture in a mixing bowl and add Parmesan cheese, cayenne pepper, black pepper, cream cheese and onion powder. Stir to combine.
- Fill each mushroom cap using a little spoon. Place the stuffed mushroom caps on the baking sheet and place them in the preheated oven. Bake for about 20 minutes or until the mushrooms are piping hot.
- Remove from the oven and serve warm.
You can refrigerate this stuffed mushroom unbaked and thaw and bake them before serving. You can add some chopped vegetables in the filling instead of chopped mushroom stems.
stuffed mushrooms sausage, easy stuffed mushrooms, stuffed mushrooms vegetarian, best stuffed mushroom recipe, stuffed mushrooms with crab