A burger consisting of one or more cooked patty of ground meat, which is placed inside a sliced bun. The patty may be pan fried, barbecued, grilled or flame broiled. Burgers are often served with cheese, lettuce, onion, tomato, bacon, pickles or chilies; other ingredients such as mustard, ketchup, relish, mayonnaise or special sauce are frequently used on sesame seed buns. The hamburger topped with a slice of cheese is called a cheeseburger. Here is a simple method of making Thai Chicken Burger.
- Chicken breast (mince) – 550g
- Thai red curry paste – 2 Tbsp
- Green onion (finely chopped) – 2
- Sweet chili sauce – 1/3 Cup
- Egg – 1
- Low-fat cottage cheese – 1/3 Cup
- Dried bread crumbs – 1/2 Cup
- Fish sauce – 2 Tbsp
- Reduced-salt soy sauce – 1 Tbsp
- Coriander leaves (roughly chopped) – 1/2 Cup
- Olive oil
- Multi-grain or whole meal, bread rolls (halved) – 6
- Carrots (peeled, sliced into ribbons) – 2
- Snow pea sprouts (trimmed) – 100g
- Add together chicken mince, onions, 1 tbsp of sweet chili sauce, egg, bread crumbs, curry paste, fish sauce, cottage cheese, soy sauce and coriander in a medium bowl and mix well.
- Take 1/2 cup mixture and shape into 6 x 3cm thick patties and place onto a tray. Cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Heat barbecue over a medium heat. Spread the oil on the patties and cook for 12 minutes, turning or until cooked.
- Cook breads, cut-side down for 1 minute. Finally, spread remaining sweet chili sauce and top with patties, carrot, trimmed sprouts and roll tops and serve.
Incoming searches –
thai chicken burgers jamie oliver, thai chicken burgers slimming world, thai chicken burgers with peanut sauce, thai chicken patties coconut milk, thai chicken burgers paleo, thai chicken burgers gwyneth paltrow, thai chicken burgers with sriracha mayo, Thai Chicken Burger 2017