Fritters are usually flattened, round shaped patties, which are generally served in a sort of sandwich or hamburger. Fritters can be eaten with salad or single by using a knife and a fork. Here is a simple fritter recipe, which is made with tuna.
- Tuna – 2 cans (6 ounce)
- Dijon mustard – 2 tsp.
- Butter – 1/2 tsp.
- Olive oil – 2 tbsp.
- Egg – 1
- White bread (torn into small pieces) – 1/2 cup
- Lemon zest – 1 tsp.
- Lemon juice – 1 tbsp.
- Water – 1 tbsp.
- A couple squirts of Crystal hot sauce
- Fresh chives, green onions, or shallots (chopped) – 2 tbsp.
- Fresh parsley (chopped) – 2 tbsp.
- Freshly ground black pepper – to taste
- Salt – to taste
- Place tuna in a medium bowl and add olive oil, mustard, lemon juice, bread, parsley, zest, water, chives, hot sauce, salt and pepper. Mix them to combine.
- Season with ground black pepper and salt. Mix the egg.
- Divide the mixture into four parts and form a ball with each part. Then flatten it to shape like a patty. Place the patty on a paper lined baking tray and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Heat olive oil with a little butter in a non-stick frying pan over medium heat. Place them in the pan and cook for 3-4 minutes or until browned on each side.
- Place the patties in a serving dish and serve.
You can also bake them in the oven or grill instead of pan frying, simply place the patties onto a baking sheet and bake for about 15 – 20 minutes at 350° F.
tuna fritters recipe, tuna fritters with flour, tuna fritters with flour, tuna fritters recipe